What Kind of Degree Will I Need?
For entry-level jobs need a bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, computer science, information management, finance or economics.
A Big Data professional should possess analytical, technical and soft skills, irrespective of the specialization.
- Introductory knowledge of programming skills in Python, R, Java, Ruby, Matlab, Pig, or SQL
- Understanding of Hadoop, Hive, and MapReduce
- Knowledge of natural language processing
- Knowledge of machine learning
- Knowledge of conceptual and predictive modeling
- Knowledge of statistical analysis
- Knowledge of hypothesis testing
Presenting insights/ analytical outputs using visualization tools such asTableau/Qlik
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to query databases and perform statistical analysis
- Ability to develop or program databases
- Ability to advise senior management
- Should have a basic understanding of how a business works