COSMIC overcomes major limitations of IFPUG Function Point COSMIC is second generation functional size measurement method used for accurate estimation of business applications, realtime systems - embedded systems, process control, avionics, operating systems etc. ISO has approved COSMIC as International standard ISO/IEC 19761.
The COSMIC method is recognized by ISBSG – International Standard Benchmarking Software Group for productivity benchmarking and is widely used as the input for estimating
The British Computer Society has recognized in July 2006 has recognized COSMIC as one of its ‘Technology Award Medallist’ in the ‘Services’ category. The winner in each category will be announced on Dec. 7 in London (UK).
Advantage of Amitysoft
- COSMIC overcomes major limitations of IFPUG Function Point.
- Amitysoft introduced COSMIC in India way back in the year 2000.
- Have trained and consulted many companies in India- Computer Service Corporation(CSC), Cognizant, IBM Global Services, Infosys, Wipro, Sasken, HP, Novell, HCL, Mahindra British Telecom, Patni Computers, L&T, Infotech, Churchill India etc.
- Partner of Software Measurement Services, UK, a company focused on software measurements.
- Responsible for showcasing COSMIC to Indian Industry through invited talks by specialists on COSMIC at NASSCOM 2001 Annual Conference, Mumbai, NASSCOM Quality Summit 2004, Bangalore and CONSEG 2011, Bangalore.